Tuesday 16 April 2013

Studio 7 recording - ADR / Foley

 Today I carried out my initial recordings for the ADR elements of the project in a session in studio 7. Having the studio booked out from 3 - 8.45, I was able to carry out a large majority of my work in this one session. For the recording session I was recommended by the studio help desk to use an AKG C-414 microphone for a good clear sound. This microphone was also mentioned and recommended in 'Audio Postproduction for Digital Video' (Rose, 2002) for use in ADR. For the session I was assisted by both Andy Hickey and Luke Fantom, both of which are Leeds Met students, who manned the desk when I was not available and acted for the scenes providing voices. When acting the person in the live room was assisted by both the film to act along to providing cues as well as the marker track. The person recording the vocals was to stand close to the mic so as to eliminate as much room ambience and reflections as possible, giving me a clean recoding which I will be able to take away and edit to fit with the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment